Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bad Fan!

I just read that Opera Rara’s Entre Nous cd has been nominated for a 2008 Gramophone Award for best recital disc. I sure hope it wins, although I’m embarrassed to say I do not own this disc set. Due to my current state of financial affairs, Opera Rara cds are too rich for my blood. And they are worth every stinking penny. I’m not just saying this because Jennie records with them. They are simply the best. And they always use great art historical paintings for their covers. Talk about simple marketing: great product, simple design, beautiful art and kick-ass music. Oh, and Jennifer Larmore on so many of their discs. Sweet.

So, not only can I not afford Entre Nous, I can’t afford Alessandro nell' Indie as well. (Carlo di Borgogna is my favorite Opera Rara/Jennie cd.) I’m a bad fan. To add insult to injury, I most likely will not be able to make it to Atlanta to hear her do Cenerentola in November. I think my Jennifer Larmore card needs to be revoked. But I’m grateful she’s recording so much and I hope Entre Nous wins. We’ll find out later this month. By that time perhaps I’ll be gainfully employed and I can stop my whining.

No comments: